Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

3-DAY BREAST CANCER WALK

I did the 3day walk in 2004, raised $2000 and walked 60 miles in the fight against breast cancer. 3 years later I have signed up to the challenge again.

2004 was the first year of the walk here in the Twin Cities and each year the amount of people and support grows. Last year I volunteered to help at the closing ceremonies and was truly astonded by the number of survivors there. I would say the number of survivors was double from the first year. That made me feel good, there is progress being made, people are listening, treatments are improving. It also made me feel sad, people had to endure cancer, have their lives changed for ever, there families - their young children's lives changed forever. It did give me hope - people are doing something - that there may someday be a cure so that no children have to live without their mommies - or daddies.

The reason's I have raised money for Breast cancer are that a) The number of people that are affected by breast cancer are so many - not just the people who get the cancer but the families of the people. There are so many children that live their life without their mom's because of breast cancer or live with a mom fighting for her life with breast cancer. The age of the people in that survivor line is shocking! They are so young and so full of life. b) I do not want any my friends and family to deal with this. c) I am a women. d) men get this too - we all have breasts!

I am walking with and for my friend Liz this year, she is a breast cancer survivor of 5 years. She is my age - I am 32, I can't begin to imagine what she has been through. I met Liz at the 3day in 2004 and she has become a dear friend. Liz is a mom of 3 beautiful children and they deserve their wonderful mommy as all children do. We all deserve to have our mommies and dear friends with us for as long as we can. That is what this walk is about finding a cure so that people don't have to go through this. Is it easy - no. Fighting for things that matter aren't easy but they are important and nesscary.

So I am asking for your support in the fight against breast cancer, for a world without breast cancer.

I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days in August - walk with me, train with me - I will be logging many miles preparing for that weekend - any company is appreciated!

I will be raising $2200 for the fight, donate to the cause. Here is a link to my donation page. 3-day. I also added a link under the link tab in the upper left of my blog. If you have a company that matches donations - please use that. Every dollar helps to find a cure. Any amount you can give is appreciated!!

You are welcome to come along with me, walk the 3day, crew the 3day or volunteer. If you are interested email me and I will get you the info you need. nicolelier@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance for your love, support and friendship
Nicole

No comments: